2011-01-20

The sociology of gender


So we have had our first lecture (on tuesday) and today our first seminar where we were divided into groups. Each group got an article to read and write an essay on. Of course I ended up on the group focusing on gender. We didn't chose our subjects ourselves. It is not that I mind writing about gender. But I have already done that several times. I have been reading about gender since I was 14, so yeah I do find it interesting. But I would prefer to write about something else. Something I haven´t done before. It would feel more challenging. Well at least the twist in our essay is that it is about gender in a children s perspective.

Here is an article on parenthood and gender that I find really inspiring! (Swedish only, sorry!)

http://www.dn.se/insidan/insidan-hem/pojke-eller-flicka-nej-en-kim



The picture is by Johan Margulis: www.dancersbyjohan.se www.artyphoto.blogg.se

No comments:

Post a Comment