2010-09-09

Cheap Skincare!

I have decided to start doing something about my skin problem.
I've been on medication for my bad skin 3 times, it works for a while then it goes back to the way it was... My main problem is that I have really dry skin which then causes acne. Yes, you can have that combination too. Acne doesn't always come with oily skin.

I know -quit smoking would be a good start. But it is hard when my boyfriend smokes so much. And no, I have absolutely no discipline... My plan is to start eating healthier first. It's not that I want to loose weight, I am slim and don't easily gain weight anyway, but I eat like crap and I have started to feel that it's effecting me in a bad way. Mostly I am tired all the time and I have a hard time sleeping. So my sister and I have decided to start running together once a week. I would never do it myself, so it's a good start. Also I have started making notes on what I eat and drink, mostly because I am worthless at drinking (water that is... ;)) You get moisture to the body from what you eat as well, but it's still important to drink.

Ok so today I have held a "mini spa". Quite a nice thing to do when you are home alone. So this is what you do:

-Have a nice long bath, candles, good music and so on.
Put your hair up in a hairband so it doesn't get in the way. Wash of your makeup and wash your hands.

-Use a piece of lemon against the skin. get the lemon juice all over your face (Not the eyes!). The citric acid will take away dry skin and cleans the pores. This will sting a bit... Leave on for about five minutes then wash away with cold water (this neutralizes the acid).

-Boil some water and pour it in a bowl of some sort (I added cinnamon and honey to the water, it smells nice and is supposed to have soothing effects. Also in old time cinnamon was believed to hold magic powers and act stimulating for sexual lust. So there you go.) Have your head over the infusion for about a quarter of an hour with a towel over your head. This softens up your skin and opens the pores.

-Afterward you can use a mask to add nutrition to your skin. I didn't have on e so I used avocado which you can make your own mask with. (There are lots of recipes on the net, but I chose to go with plane avocado) Avocado contains lots of oils, B-, E- and K-vitamins. Leave it on for about ten minutes. You can use the inside of the avocado skin to peel your face as you go.
-Wash off with warm water. Use a toner with vitamin E. Then add a moisturizing cream.

Voila!
This is the first time I try this. I wont be doing it every day I can tell you. Once a week maybe. My skin feels really nice and clean. I like that you don't really have to buy any expensive products.

No comments:

Post a Comment