2010-09-01

Cornwall

I have been absolutely useless at blogging lately. Sorry about that...
At last school has started again. So I have to start doing some hard core studying now. This week, an examination about the EU, a group project on North Korea, an article on womens history and lots lots to read... (Strindberg, Hemingway, History and socialstudies)
Also I haven´t been working now for some time, which is nice for a change. School full time seems to be the thing.Just got home from a week in Cornwall and Devon yesterday. We were on a road trip two friends, my boyfriend and I. Padstow - Saint Ives - Bath. Niclas and I didn't have much time to see Bath unfortunately, we only spent one night there and then had to take the train to London to catch a plane home because he had to be back at work the next day. Our friends Olle and Boel are staying two more nights and are still there, I'm envious...
I can't decide wich place I liked the most. We were to Rick Steins famous restaurant in Padsow which was one of my favorite parts. It was SO GOOD! WE had the tasting menu all four of us. I thought I would copy out what we had, but it seems Niclas has taken the menus to work to show his colleges, so I'll have to do that another time. If anybody is interested..
Unfortunately I didn't take any photos of Rick Steins restaurant as I had forgotten my camera at home. But I think Boel took some (crappy phone pictures, but at least it is something!) so maybe I'll post those later too...We found this absolutely stunning little village - Montacute. And that it was. If I remember it right this was somewhere near Exeter. It was magic, like something from a fairytale. It had a big castle too... I'd love to go back there. If I ever finish my book or reach old age, this is where I'd spend it.Tintagel said to be King Arthurs castle was a beautiful place. More the scenery than the actual castle though. The landscape was amazing. It was a really hot day too. Lovely times...

Chubby cheeks... Well I've always had what they in Sweden call "apple cheeks" but I think I must have gained a few kilos while in Cornwall. I don't normally eat breakfast and in Cornwall I had a three course breakfast every morning! (Yogurt with fresh fruit, toast and then a huge English breakfast on top of that. Eggs, mushrooms, beans, tomatos... You get the picture.)

These sweet little things at the kissing gate at Pencarrow House... Olle+Boel, Me+Niclas


Eden Project was cool, but (again like Tintagel) I was more amazed by the actual bioms than all the plants inside them...Padstow. The tide is out on this picture, but you can see where the sea should have been...

There, so you got your share of holiday pics for now. I'm guessing you can live without pictures of Stone Henge and stuff (just google it, you'll probably find better pics) Just for the record I have about 200 more, if anyone cares to see give a shout. (And that was after I deleted about 150...)

Ok, I know I am not writing much about photography right now. But I honestly havnen't done a lot of photo shooting lately. Or that is a lie. I have done two. One that I just forgot to write about and one that I haven't got the photos from yet. So have patience with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment