2010-12-02

Day 1: About me.


I was born in Stockholm in June as the first child of three. The night before I was born my mother went for a walk in the warm summer night. She felt that she needed to be alone. She told me that she somehow knew it was her last chance. While out walking she picked a big bouquet of lilacs and brought home. I was born the next day. At twenty two to two. My middle name is Syrén, which is lilac in Swedish.

As a child I always loved to dress up. My grandmother had lots of clothes from her youth in Cairo and Abu Dhabi. I especially loved to dress up in her old burka and all her colourful shawls. My favourite film was the secret garden. When ever I visited my grandma in England I would run out and play in the top garden that was all overgrown by brambles and wild roses.

My parents met in India. They were both out travelling on their own. And one day my father tried to steal a papaya from a tree and fell down a case of stairs. He managed to break his leg and had to stay another month. And that is when he met my mum. When I was younger and my parents argued I often imagined I was really from India and one day I would find my real parents. I still somehow feel I am in some way connected to India, though I have never been there.

When I started school I met a girl called Livija. We used to play during breaks and were both fascinated of dinosaurs and archaeology. So what we did during breaks was try to dig for treasures. But you know REAL archaeologists don't use spades, in case they damage what ever they might find. They use brushes. And so did we... We didn't get that far I can tell you. But all the same we kept going.

Livija moved when I was 11, and I changes school. My new school was a music school. And for six years I attended and studied music. I have always loved music. For a while I used to sing in a band too. We recorded some stuff, which you can still listen to at my myspace page if you like...
http://www.myspace.com/gabrielle.baker

After I graduated I continued to an art school. I should really have gone for three years, but I dropped out and there for never graduated which meant I couldn't go to university afterwards. Anyways, long story why I dropped out. At the the time kind of moved around so it was hard to concentrate on my studies. Instead I started working at an old peoples home. Went to France for a while. And that is really what I did for quite some time.

I started re-doing school though. And now I am actually finished which is wonderful. So I just applied for university! We'll see if I get in...

So there you have a brief history. Except of cause I left out all the too personal stuff... hehe. Well you'll have to ask me about the rest.

All for now. x

No comments:

Post a Comment