2010-12-02

Day 2: My first love.

I was 14. We used to sit next to each other at English lessons. She used to draw in her books and she had so beautiful hands. I remember her fingers, very thin but with round tips. '
The expression she used to wear. The way she walked. How she laughed. Her black jeans, fringe and stripy t-shirts.

I remember the first time I kissed her. It was by accident. We always kissed on the cheek. I had to catch a train and she had to catch another. Just when I was going to kiss her cheek she turned her head. I kissed her lips and then we both ran. I was smiling all the way home. Butterflies in my chest.

I remember lying on a cornfield next to her the sun setting. It was late. A golden summer night when the sun lingers for ages on the horizon. Her hair was golden and her skin tanned and freckled from the sun.

She broke with me through a letter. I never answered. It hurt to much. I never told her that I loved her. In many ways I still do. I don't know her any more. I haven't seen her for years. But I still love her. I still love the time we had.

I reserved a place behind my left ear for her. I have a special tattoo that I want to do. I've wanted to do it for ages. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment