2010-12-03

Day 3: My parents

This is a hard one...

My parents fill two functions. Firstly they are my friends and secondly my parents.
Sometimes I wish it was the other way around though...

I long for the day us sisters are all grown up and have moved out (I have two younger sisters that still live at home) so that my parents can have more time for themselves. I know they both like to travel. I think it is time for them to focus on themselves, they forget to do that.

My mum is originally a musician and an artist. She used to write her own songs and play at piano bars to earn a living. She used to sew these amazing tapestries.

My father has always loved music too. He used to play in a punk band in London in his youth. Just when they were getting their breakthrough they split up. The hazardous youth... My dad has also always been brilliant at painting. But like be he can break into real bad tempers and do stupid things. So one day he threw away his paints and paintbrushes, and has never painted since. I gave him paints and brushes for his birthday. I just wish he would use them. For my birthday I would love a painting. He is really amazing. I'm going to get him to start painting again if it is the last thing I'll ever do.

No comments:

Post a Comment