2010-12-09

Day 9: My beliefs


My parents have always been very spiritual. I was brought up in a semi Hindu, Buddhist, Christian way... My parents are hippies ok. So we had it all. The tarot cards the I Ching and little statues of Shiva, Ganesh and Buddha. But both my mum and dad were raised in very Christian homes, and that also affected me. My mum went to a Catholic school until she was 8. Not that her family were Catholics, but they lived in Cairo and that was the only English speaking school they had. My dad on the other hand comes from a family of priests. We still always say grace before eating at my grandmas house. And I learned early to always say be prayers before going to sleep. I even helped give communion in the baptist church where my grandparents used to go at Sabbath. When I was younger I wanted to be a nun. It makes me crack up today. I am extremely non religious. I've been through all that, and had my little occult time too. I don't know if I would call myself an atheist though... Maybe more an agnostic I guess. I think I believe in something. But I think religion is created by man rather than the other way around. I think believing is a need most humans crave for. Weather they believe in world economics, God, cats or something else. I don't know if I actually believe there is something to believe in or if I believe that beliefs are purely man creation. I think If I would have to chose one religion to abide to, it would be Buddhism. I don't agree with everything, but it is the religion I feel is closest to my beliefs to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment