2011-02-10

Day 10: Book review: The End Of Mr. Y by Scarlett Thomas


I think this is the best book I read last year. And one of best books I have read. It is a complete mind fuck. It turns you world upside-down for a couple of days. Unfortunately it only lasted a couple of days for me, because I couldn't put it down. Like an addiction. I just felt empty after finishing this book. I wanted to start reading it again the second I'd finished it, but I knew it wouldn't be the same thing. There is so much I love about this book. The way it is written, the way it fucks you up, the characters. Well I don't want to give it away. I would say it is highly interesting for someone studying philosophy as for someone studying biology or religious studies. But I think you have to have an interest in life's mysteries in one way or another. You could say that the book is about mind experiments. But I'm not sure if that explains it all. I really love this book. You should read it and find out for your self.

30 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment