2011-02-10

Dresses!

Had dinner last night at Niclas grans place. Unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me. She had made herring with potato mash, carrots and broccoli. I love herring. I'm thinking of making some pickled herring. There is a place at Slussen in Stockholm where you can get herring on hard bread. I definitely recommend it, it's just outside the tubestation on the square. Maybe doesn't sound much but it's a typical Swedish dish.

After dinner Niclas gran Gurli brought out a big sack of clothes for me to try out. I've always loved old dresses and used to dress up in my grans old dresses. Problem is she is really tiny and I am quite tall so none of her dresses fit me today. Anyway the dresses I got from Gurli and her sister Dagmar fitted like a second skin! Every single dress fitted me! So I now have over 10 new dresses for the summer! I am so happy! They are wonderful! Most of them fantastic designer dresses from around the 60's and a few of them handmade especially for Gurli when she was younger. Niclas and I went out for a drink last night at Little Quarter (Best cocktails in town by the way!) and I wore a black 50's dress that is one of my favourites. I'll have to try them all out again and take some photos. But today is a really cloudy dark day, and I hate taking photos with flash, so you will have to wait I'm afraid...

A couple of my new dresses. Most of them have floral prints. Aren't they beautiful? <3 /G

1 comment:

  1. You have given some beautiful collection of designer dresses. These are looking beautiful. These dress is a part of our fashion design. Thanks....

    ReplyDelete