2011-02-11

Day 11: My sisters

My sisters are two of the most important people in my life. No one can make me so happy or so sad. I love them both in different ways. In many ways they are complete opposites in many ways quite alike.


When my sister My was born, Clara was only two years old. When our parents didn't have as much time for her with a new baby in the house I took care of her most of the time. She always slept in my bed and I always played with her. I think that is why we got so close, and are still really close today. I chose the name Clara. There was an older girl at my school that was really nice and she was called Klara. I guess I looked up to her, so that's why. My grandma wanted her to be called Adolf, but she was voted down. Haha. I remember being so excited when she was born. I had dressed up in my favourite dress and there are loads of pictures of me posing in the hospital corridor.



For some reason My and I never really got as close. She always wanted to go her own way, I never really felt I managed to influence her (I always used to give my sisters cd compilations that I'd made for their birthdays and stuff). In many ways I really recognise myself in My. Like I was when I was her age. I think we are more alike than she knows and I really want to get to know her better. If you compare pictures of me and of My when we were baby's you can hardly tell the difference. We look so alike it is a bit scary. I miss her most of the time. I want to see her more often. I can't remember who chose the name My. What I remember is that no one could decide what to call her so I guess she was just "the baby" for a while. But some how we all knew she´d grow up to be a mischievous little girl. So My only seemed right. Like Lilla My in Tove Janssons stories about Mumindalen. Somehow I think Clara and My grew into their names. Like Clara is still the sweet diplomatic one and My is still the mischievous rebel. Love you two. <3 onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vo1YOkZgkf0/TVPm_EIbJ_I/AAAAAAAAAw8/IzfufS7ML1M/s1600/Moy.JPG">

Ok, maybe not so alike in this pic though. Sorry yo embarrass you My. I'm your big sister, it's my prerogative... x /G

No comments:

Post a Comment